November 3rd, 2021
This notice will give you information about the flu season which is upon us. Every year, some people get sick with the flu during this transition season from the National Holiday, travel and increasingly cold temperatures.
To keep the flu from spreading to more people, we ask you to keep sick children at home. Any children who are sick in school will be sent home and/or be referred to the family’s healthcare provider as appropriate.
Health officials and our school staff want you to protect yourself and your family against seasonal flu. Here are some ways to stop the spread of germs and sickness:
- If your child is sick, keep her/him at home. Do not send them to school. They are to remain at home until they are better.
- Teach your children to wash their hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Teach your children to cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or by coughing into the inside of the elbow.
To help our families get ready in the event of a flu outbreak please review the following:
If someone in your home develops flu symptoms (fever, cough, muscle aches):
- Encourage the person to drink plenty of fluids.
- Keep the ill person as comfortable as possible. Rest is important.
- Sponging with tepid water (wrist temperature) lowers fever only during the period of sponging. Do not sponge with alcohol.
- Keep tissues within reach of the patient, and provide a trash bag so they can dispose of the tissues.
- All members of the household should wash their hands frequently.
- Keep other family members and visitors away from the person who is ill.
- Contact a health care provider [Doctor] for additional advice if your child has a fever. If the ill person is having difficulty breathing or is getting worse, contact the health care provider [Doctor] immediately.
Note—we are daily reinforcing safe health practices with our students while ensuring that all areas of our school are thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and sanitized. Working together will assist us with our goal of having a healthy environment for our students and staff. Thanks for your support!
If you have questions, please contact our school nurse or your health care provider. You can call the school at 86-10-6465-7788 and ask for Ms. Amanda Zhang.
Begin planning now for childcare in your home. Thanks for your review of the above and for your support with ensuring your child[ren] is adhering to good health practices each day.
Douglas K. Prescott
Head of School
AKD Academic Superintendent
Canadian International School of Beijing
38 Liangmaqiao Lu, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100125, P. R. China
Tel: 86-10 6465-7788 Fax: 86-10 6465-7789
如果您有任何疑问，请联系学校护士Amanda Zhang 或者您的医生。学校医务室电话：86-10-64657788转 Amanda Zhang。
Douglas K. Prescott