Founded during the fall of 2005, the Canadian International School of Beijing offers an internationally recognized Canadian (New Brunswick) curriculum and all three International Baccalaureate (IB) Programmes in a beautiful downtown campus. We welcome students from Beijing’s diplomatic and expatriate communities with programming that starts in our Montessori Nursery (18 months to 3 years old) through to our Grade 12 graduating class.
Our highly qualified CISB teaching staff is made up of
Our mission & vision
Our mission statement
Our CISB community is committed to developing lifelong learners in an inspiring, safe and culturally diverse environment, to be responsible global citizens.
We believe in:
- Building strong relationships with all CISB stakeholders
- Developing knowledgeable lifelong learners through formal and informal learning
- Fostering personal and professional growth
- Creating a safe environment of understanding and respect
- Contributing positively to the world community
From our chairman
“As an educational institute, we take pride in offering a unique Canadian curriculum and providing an international and qualified teaching team as well as a positive learning environment for our students.
Our student body represents more than 60 nationalities. The students mainly come from diplomatic and expatriate families. They range from toddlers to high school. With this solid foundation, we aim to make even greater achievements.
We look forward to welcoming your family to the Canadian International School of Beijing and hope you find your child’s studies with us rewarding.“
– Dr. Francis Pang
From our head of school
“Welcome to the Canadian International School of Beijing. It is my pleasure and privilege to be able to extend a sincere greeting to all students, parents/guardians, faculty and staff.
We take our responsibility very seriously for preparing and equipping our students with the essential knowledge, skills and personal qualities that will enable them to thrive in a constantly changing world. We value our partnership with our parents/guardians and the school community and thank them for their support as we journey together to see students reach their maximum potential.“
-Douglas K. Prescott
Our Liangmaqiao campus is conveniently located just outside the third ring road in downtown Beijing. Situated in the north east side of the city, our school is within walking distance to the Japanese, French, Indian, Malaysian, Korean, Israeli, and American embassies and Chaoyang Park’s north gate. Our beautiful 38,000 m2 air-quality controlled campus is home to facilities designed to enhance our student’s learning both in and outside of the classroom.
- Elementary & Middle/High Libraries
- 2 Gymnasiums
- Nursery Gymnasium
- Multi-purpose room
- 25m Swimming Pool & Wading Pool
- Science and Design Tech Labs
- Dance Studio
- Onsite Cafeteria
- 500 seat Auditorium
- Lecture Theatre
- Specialized Visual Arts & Music classrooms Athletics Field
- Outdoor Playgroup
- Onsite Medical & Dental Clinic
- Virtual Reality Lab
CISB's Indoor Air Quality
We take our indoor air quality very seriously and have implemented a number of measures to ensure our CISB community is breathing safe air. These measures include:
- Installation of a new, automatic air purification system providing fresh, clean, monitored air directly into each classroom
Installation of Pureliving’s Air Filtration system throughout the campus (hallways, classrooms, gymnasiums, cafeteria, pools, etc…)
- Air purifiers installed on all buses
- Regular monitoring of indoor air quality
- Air Quality protocols that restrict door access on bad air days, determine if and when windows can be opened when air purifiers must be on and for how long as well as when students are prevented from going outside (see our ‘Policies’ link for more detail)
- Sealed windows throughout campus
Air Quality Protocol
Our news and announcements
Stay up to date with the latest from our community
Pink Shirt Day has become a majorly meaningful annual happening at CISB in recent years, as students and teachers don such light rosy garments and engage in acts of kindness while also learning about ways to counteract bullying and negativity. And while our students...
CISB MYP student Rita not only scored high marks for her recent music assignment, but also showed an artistic flair that bodes well for her future creativity beyond the classroom. For a recent online learning assignment, she and her classmates were tasked with...
Dear CISB PSES Parents, Please view the video below from our PSES Principal and Vice-Principal. The video details CISB's efforts to help students and other members of our community stay connected, and boost social-emotional wellbeing during this period of campus...